Dear LAYSA Family-
The Board of Directors met virtually on Friday, May 1st to decide what to do in regards to the summer activities for our soccer club including Summer Competitive Travel Soccer and Summer Recreation Soccer. Since our last update and meeting, not much has changed. We still sit with an unknown reality for youth sports as it relates to the impacts from COVID-19.
As we all know “Shelter in Place” in Minnesota has been extended to May 18 and there still is no guarantee that it won’t be extended again as cases continue to rise in Minnesota. We are navigating uncharted territory and it is impacting all of our lives from child to adult. With the knowledge we have and the still unknown future beyond June 1st, the Board of Directors has decided on the following actions:
(1) Summer Competitive Travel Soccer is Cancelled. Refunds will begin in the coming days and will be completed by May 31st (we hope to have them all completed well before then).
(2) Summer Recreation Soccer is postponed. We will not be having our regular scheduled session in June but may have it later if the situation and guidance from the Governor and health officials allows. Those who have already registered will be refunded their registration in the coming days with all refunds completed by May 31st.
(3) Weekly Zoom sessions for all ages will continue and those links will continue to be emailed out along with posted on our social media platforms.
(4) British Soccer Camp in August has not been cancelled as of this time and our hope is that it will still be able to be held. You can find out more about it here. Also the Referee Clinic is still a TBD and may not happen at all, but we will keep you posted if that changes and we are able to provide that opportunity.
(5) We will be continuing to monitor the situation and will be looking to provide opportunities for play when the situation allows for it. We don’t know what that may look like now, but we are committed to continuing to provide opportunities for our kids to experience and enjoy soccer.
We know for many, if not all of you, this will be news that causes disappointment. We too are sad to be missing out on a season of further development and team building amongst our youth and the opportunity to continue to forge friendships on the pitch.
If you have any questions about your registration please direct those to Ellen Thomes.
We look forward to the day when once again our kids can enjoy one another and the competition and fun that come with soccer.
LAYSA Board of Directors